Conserve by Sprinkl is a smart sensor that works with all sprinkler systems by adding smartphone control to the existing device while reducing the water bill by up to 30%.The Conserve is simple to install and only takes 10 minutes to setup. Once it is up and running, you will immediately add the following functions to your sprinkler system, regardless of age, make, or model:
- Turn off the sprinklers from your phone anywhere in the world
- Save money and water based on hyper-local weather conditions
- Disables system based on current, forecast, and past rainfall
- Uses up to seven days of historic accumulation
- Freeze alert turns off system when the temperature drops
- All settings are fully customizable
- Set or change watering days on your smartphone
- Optional setting to restrict watering based on local regulations
- Push notifications let you know when it's watering or restricted
- Works with any number of zones - no restrictions
- Words with Alexa (additional systems on the way)
- Saves up to 30% by restricting water when you don't need it
|Item Weight||4.8 ounces|
|Dimensions||4.5 x 3.6 x 1 inches|
|Designed for indoor installation|
|Works with Apple and Android Smartphones|
We have had a Hunter Pro C sprinkler controller since 2009. We had a Hunter Rain-Clik Rain Sensoring Irrigation Control installed as well. The rain senor never seemed to work. I saw the Sprinkl Conserve at Home Depot and read about what it did on the box. I decided to give it a shot. I installed our Sprinkl Conserve in February of 2017. I love it. So simple to install and set up. The customer service has been supreme. I contacted them to see if they could connect my Sprinkl Conserve device to a local weather station to provide even better accuracy on the weather data...bingo bango, DONE! Thanks Mark and Noel for your help and for creating such a simple device that has been a pleasure to own and use PLUS it's saving me money!
May 8, 2017
This little gadget totally works on our obsolete 8 year-old Cyber-Rain controller (Cyber-Rain is out of business) and it saved us $ right off the bat because I didn't have to replace the controller but just added Sprinkl Conserve to it! We finally have connected control of our irrigation and here in L.A. It's going to save us a bundle over time as our water costs $.01 per gallon. Noel, one of the developers, even drew a wiring diagram for me, how cool is that? Thanks Noel!!!
This device worked very well. Allows me to control the days that my system waters by cell phone. I changed the programming of my control unit to water every day and then I use the Sprinkl app to actually control which days watering is allowed. Installation was very simple; instructions are well written and seems to accommodate different makes of control units (mine was a Rain Bird). Looking forward to seeing this company develop more products. This is one really cool and useful device.
I got this because I wanted to be able to control my sprinkler from my phone without having to buy a whole new controller. The app is easy to use, and I like that it can follow my city's water restriction schedule. Installation was easy -- took me about 10 minutes.
FAQ for Sprinkl Conserve SR-301
What is Conserve?
How does Conserve work?
Does Conserve work in countries besides the United States?
How can I install Conserve to an irrigation controller that doesn’t support a rain sensor?
- Follow the installation guide for turning off the irrigation controller and mounting the device near the irrigation controller.
- Make sure your Conserve device is turned off.
- Using the supplied installation wire, connect two of the wires on one end to the PWR terminal on Conserve. Connect the adjacent ends to the irrigation controller's power terminal. If your irrigation controller lacks power terminals, see "How can I install Conserve to an irrigation controller doesn’t have a power terminal."
- Remove the common wire from the irrigation controller. This is often labeled COM and is often white.
- Connect the removed common wire (coming from the valve (wall)) to one of the terminals labeled SNS on Conserve.
- Using one of the unused supplied wires, connect one end of the wire to the free SNS terminal and the other end back to the irrigation controller's common terminal.
How can I control my schedule?
Where can I download the Sprinkl Conserve app?
Are there plans for a Windows Phone version of the Sprinkl Conserve app?
My irrigation controller is already an ET controller, what benefit does Sprinkl Conserve offer?